Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's been a while...

And I do apologize. Things have been busy here but a good busy. Our house, or rather the boys, were hit hard with a cough. Nothing too serious but if we go in public I know people are looking at us and thinking, "Stay away from them! They have the swine flu or something!" but no we just have coughs...it's all good.

We met with a speech therapist and she told me that she didn't think his delay was quite 50% but because he is already in the First Steps program, he will still qualify for therapy for his speech if we feel he needs it. I will get more info at our meeting later this month. She gave me lots of tips. Mainly we need to teach Zachary meaning of things...like he calls his cup/drink "nee nee" and if he is hungry he says "murmur". Our focus now is when he says one of those terms to correct him and try to get him to repeat it. He is talking more but is just not as descriptive. All in all, I was pretty pleased. I knew he was delayed and I expected it to be worse so this news was good.

Tomorrow I take him to pick up his SureSteps and let's just hope he has no issues wearing them! His walking is getting better and he wants to walk more and more. I love that he will shake his head no and mean it. He is learning so much and sadly, joining the terrible 2's. Ugh!

We took down his crib last week and while they go to bed in the same room it takes them forever to go to sleep. It is crazy! You can hear them talking, playing and fighting for well over 2 hours each night. But I remember laying in the room I shared with my sister Debbie and talking for hours too. So it's normal and it's good for them.

No comments: