Thursday, September 17, 2009

September Therapy and Stuff

Not sure where to start because I meant to write a few blog posts but ran out of time. Last Friday Z had the Orthotist. We had a bit of a mix up w/the RX for the Sure Steps and I'm still not 100% sure if I got it right. Then we get there and this kid LOVED the waiting room. He was so at home he decided to poop. And guess what? I left his diapers and wipes in the car! Anyway, they first did a mold of his foot after watching him walk a bit. Then as we were leaving she came back and said we have to do a cast because they want it above his ankle. This is why I think I messed up the RX because you see I think the SureSteps do not go above the ankle. Guess I'll find out! So we did a cast of each foot and the whole time Z sat there crying and saying "Ow, ow oooowwww!"...so dramatic. He did pick out the material for his SureStep (think I answered my own question and maybe I did not mess up the RX) and it was a baby sports theme or as Z put it "bayball".

Monday was the 2 year anniversary of my Mom's death. It was a very rough and emotional day. Much harder than I expected it to be. But after dinner I asked Jonathan to go to the cemetery with me. Mom is buried at a National Cemetery here and it is so amazing. We got there around 6:30 and were amazed with the deer that were out. I was glad we had the truck so J could roll down the window because a few of them came right up to the truck and if he had longer arms, I bet he could have touched them. I took a few pics and this one I liked the most. I have been struggling with a lot of financial worries and have been praying on what to do. I sat down and asked mom to give me a sign and tell me what to do. When I posted this picture on my facebook page my niece pointed out that it was the daughter deer with her mom watching over her in the background. It hit me then that this was my answer from Mom. It was so powerful to be there and to share that moment with Jonathan. He remembers her. As we sat on a bench talking he said he was sorry my mom died and that I missed her. He told me not to cry because I would see her again in heaven. Such wise words from such a young mind. We hugged and on the way home stopped for $1 sundae and McD's. He earned it. As much as that boy can wear me down, he knows when I need him and shows me so much love. I love him so much.
Today we had a physical therapy appointment. It went well. Z is making progress and that is for sure. He is talking more. At 2 they want them to say 50 words, Z is not there yet but she told me not to worry yet. We are to work with trying to get him to stand up without holding on to anything, practice more body parts and naming things. He is very much entering the terrible twos...not terrific twos! He is snotty and demanding and refuses to try to stand up by himself. He will knee walk to the table and pull himself up. This child is determined to do things his way! He does talk more and loves to have his toes tickled. He has a few songs he tries to sing, ABC's and some Laurie Berkner songs...he loves her! My favorite thing that he just started doing is with me and my dad. When I hold him and we hug/kiss my dad goodbye he puts one arm around my neck and one around my dad and hugs us at the same time. Then he flashes his million dollar smile. It is the sweetest thing. He is so very loving when he isn't whining...ha!

No comments: