Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Little Man Needs a Job

I met today with our First Steps coordinator and the PT. It was to re-evaluate Zachary IFSP or plan of action. Our coordinator was amazed with what all Z has started doing since she first met him. And our PT was impressed when I said Z was walking about the house. I thought maybe, just maybe she would say "oh lets wait on the orthotics and see how he does.". Nah, she said he absolutely still needed them so we pressed on. The PT had written on a piece of paper the codes and costs of the orthotics and I peeked at it...$1,600! Seriously, I nearly puked right there. I had to calm myself and tell myself that this was before any coverage that we might be eligible for. Hopefully, MO First Steps will cover a large majority of it, if not all of it. We go Friday for measurements.

After we determine our costs, I am going to see if there is any way I can submit it to my insurance. I have not gotten a real clear answer on that yet so I'm hoping that whatever the state doesn't cover, the insurance will. If they could at least meet us halfway and let us make payments I'd feel much better. Cross your fingers that we can get some help with this. I am eager to see our little man get the help he needs and just take off. Otherwise, my cute little man needs to get out there and get a job. He is great at sweeping floors with his tummy. :-) Give us a call if you need your floors done. Ha!

2 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

Just wanted to give my congrats on Z's progress and lots of hugs on the medical bill stuff. We are struggling, too because many of the therapies and equipment we need for my DS is not covered by insurance.

Welcome to the world of the underinsured! It sucks!

Margaret said...

Hugs on the medical stuff. Hopefully it will all work out.

As for the job, send the little cutie my way! I can always use a little helper;-) Though I can't guarantee a little spoiling won't happen too!