Thursday, December 17, 2009

And he's five!

Today my sweet Jonathan Daniel turned 5! Yes 5! Some days it seems like I held him for the first time yesterday and then some days the conversations we have make me forget he is only 5. He is a very kind boy and I am impressed with how good he is when he isn't being 5! Ha!

Jonathan is really doing great. He is big and strong and healthy. He's my picker little eater and is so smart and his memory...wow! He can remember so much stuff that it is scary! I love talking to him and getting his take on things. He sang at church with his preschool and he talks about his friends at school. It is amazing.

Zachary is 2 and is behaving like a typical 2 year old. It is like when he turned 2 he realized, "Oh this is how I'm suppose to behave and I have to make up for all the time I wasn't behaving crazy!". He is lucky I find him so darn cute. He is doing very well and making great progress. He is walking more steadily with his Sure Steps and is hitting new milestones. He now sees a speech therapist and he really warmed up to her! She is giving us some great tips on helping him communicate with us. I feel that is his biggest frustration right now.

We had PT today and she discussed some sensory issues and how they can cause so many other problems. But she also reminded me that he is 2 and some of his issues are normal. She wants him to maybe see an occupational therapist and a sleep study nurse. I am all for the both. Sleep would be really really nice. LOL

We got some news over Thanksgiving and I am asking for your prayers. My blog has been a great source of support for me and a place to express my thoughts. I am asking any of you who read this to please pray for my Mother-in-law. I am not going to discuss her personal issues here because I don't feel it is my place. But she was diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread to her liver. Please keep her in your prayers.

I hope each of you have a wonderful Christmas and are surronded by peace and love. Merry Christmas!

No comments: