Monday, July 14, 2008

10 months

Today marked 10 months since my Mom passed away. Some days it feels like it was 10 years ago and others it seems like 10 minutes ago. Not a day passes that I don't think of her or the impact she made on my life.

I look into my son's eyes and I wish my mom was here. I sit at a family get together and I wish she was here.

They, whoever they are, say the first year is the hardest. The first year of firsts is hard. But how will the second be easier? I don't see how. I see so much around me that I can't share with my Mom.

Dad is a pillar of strength. He probably doesn't realize how much he has helped me through all this stuff with Zachary. He is a great Father and I know he is hurting too. I often wonder what has gotten him through these past ten months. I know life has to go on and I guess we all just do what needs to be done to make it through the day. Then we get up and do it all again. What else can you do?

Mom I miss you and I love you so very much.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Jelly I just wanted to comment on how beautiful this was....thank you for sharing your wonderful memories...