Sunday, February 8, 2009

He's doing good!

Last week my Uncle Joe passed away. He was my Dad's brother in law. He was a wonderful man and loved so deeply by so many. I could see the pain in his children and grand-children's faces and it broke my heart. So many people love him.

Because my dad's family is so large, it seems that, sadly, we only see each other at funerals. I see first cousins that I never met and 2nd and 3rd cousins that I either never met or haven't seen in ages. I have connected with some of them on Facebook and I love that. I am never amazed by the support that my Father's family gives when someone is in our family is in need. It doesn't matter when the last time they saw each other, this huge clan comes together and sticks together. They are there for each other, no questions asked.

Dad's family are huggers too. I love it. No matter how bad your day is, a hug from someone can do wonders...that is if you like hugs!

Since Zachary's birth and him getting sick, so many members of my extended family have reached out to us. And I am reminded of the love when I see them all. They are thinking of us and praying for Zachary and to feel that love and support is incredible. At all the funerals, weddings and reunions I have attended since Zachary's birth and sickness, Uncle Joe's was the first one that I felt I could say, "He's doing good!" and mean it. So many people asked about my sweet Z and it felt good to tell them how good he was doing and to feel confident that my son is in the clear. It's amazing.

Speaking of Z, he is up from his nap and I need go. I will update on our meeting with Parents As Teachers later this week. And his lungs are clear and we suspect his cough is just from his reflux. I will monitor it and if it gets worse, we go back to the doctor.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

msfitzita said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle, Jelly.

Lots of (((((((HUGS))))))))