Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Return of the Sickies!

I was just bragging that we made it 2 weeks in Feb., well really 3, without any trips to the doctor other than a well baby exam. So the day after that well baby exam Zachary starts running a fever. Normal after shots. Wed. he has a low fever and he does on Thursday too. Friday night it jumps to 100.6. Well I know JD had a cough thing the weekend before so it must be that or teething. I let it go. Hard for me not to run to the doctor with him but I told myself it is a virus. Sat. the fever reaches 102 and the cough is getting deep...not his normal Z cough. Sunday we have a repeat of Saturday except he clings to me for 4 hours straight! Monday woke up and no fever.

Monday at noon Chelsea tells him his fever was 99.6. Ok maybe this virus is over. I get home Monday and C tells me that Z took 2 long naps, barely ate lunch and fell asleep playing on the floor. Hm, not my kid I tell you.

Tuesday after a LONG night of crying and fevers I take him into the doctor. She suspects he may have the flu, as several kids at Sally's did but she opted not to do a test simply because Z has Pnuemonia! WTH? The one time I don't rush him in to see the doctor and he is truly truly sick. So let's see, since Oct. he has had bronchitis 2 times, croup, a virus and pnuemonia. GREAT what more are they going to throw at this kid? Why doesn't he get the break he deserves?

We are home all week with him per doctor's orders and he gets the nebulizer every 4 hours and is on some meds. He is puking from the nebulizer doing it's job but I need to time his meds w/that a little better and his meals. So between snot and puke my laundry is piling up again. Jason worked so hard on getting it caught up this weekend and now, I fear it is going back to the 20 loads.

Z is sleeping a lot but prefers to sleep on me. Poor bub. He is so tired and just out of sorts. He lost nearly a pound and it breaks my heart to see how skinny he is. :-(l

In March we will go for all the remainders of his tests and luckily we hit the $2,400 deductible and now we only pay 20%! Look out Dr. Kate b/c after me totally missing this illness, I am taking my kids in EVERY time they sneeze! I will become that Mom...again!

If you can spare any prayers that my little guy eats and gets better soon, I know he would appreciate them. Maybe he can catch a bit of a break when spring arrives! *fingers crossed*

As for Jonathan, he is learning to trace letters and numbers at school and is trying to write his name. He is such a busy guy and is very much in love with his new cousin Trevor! He adores him!

BTW if any of the NS moms that read my blog know if this could be related to NS...the constant colds and stuff, please let me know. I don't seem to see anything so maybe it is just Z.

1 comment:

TheSweetOne said...

Morning Honey

I don't know for certain but perhaps there's an association with the low muscle tone preventing him from coughing things out effectively letting it settle into his chest?

We've had a lot more colds recently too since Roman brings them home from preschool. If only he wasn't having so much fun and actually learning...