Thursday, June 18, 2009

Physical Therapy

Today we met with Kelly, the PT. She was great. Z was cranky as he had been up since 4:45am and this was 10:15. Yikes! I know he liked her, he was just tired. Kelly taught me so much in such a short amount of time...I was very impressed!

I learned that the way Z (and Jonathan) sit is called a W position and it isn't an ideal position. They are kind of on their knees but sitting on their butt so like feet behind them. We always comment on how we could never sit like that. Well it is really hard on the hips so we have to make sure Z learns to not sit like that...and Jonathan.

She gave us some exercises and tips on how to help him strengthen those muscles. He was all attitude and frustration. I went to carry him off for his nap and as we passed through the kitchen he said "Mama" and pointed to the refrigerator. So I had to feed him a bit before nap. Lately Mama has been his word when he doesn't know how to say something. He will also say "Neenee" which means drink but he will use it for other stuff. He just wants so badly to communicate with us. He can answer yes or no and does sign language for "more". I am now a true believer in teaching babies to sign. I think this would help us communicate. I am going to work on it a bit more with Z. The pointing and guessing is just not fun.

His molars have broken the skin and he is a happier boy. He still has his habit of waking up at 10 or 11pm and crying until he is in bed w/us. Well I am going to try and let him cry it out (CIO) because I need sleep. Tuesday night it last 2 hours and then he woke up again at 1:30 am. Last night I had no energy. Bad I know but really, I need sleep.

I must say, it was an uneventful week and I am so thankful for that.

1 comment:

TheSweetOne said...

Aren't those earrrrrly mornings hard? They completely mess up the nap routine for the day! Z sounds so much like Lauren only her word for everything is 'doggie'. I'm looking forward to an expanded vocabulary, signs or otherwise!!