Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family...that's what it's all about!

We just returned from a wedding in Iowa. Jason's cousin got married and it was a very sweet and beautiful ceremony. I always get teary-eyed at weddings and this one really got me going. I love seeing everyone all dressed up and so happy and so full of hope and love. Congrats to Stephanie and Charlie...we wish you much happiness in the future!

Seeing family always gets me emotional and watching my kids interact with family gets me even more emotional. I know some of you who know me are saying, "Really can you get any more emotional?" and the answer is yes, I can! I loved watching the kids dance and play with cousins that they only see 2 or 3 times a year. I love watching them reach out to people and warm up to them. I love seeing them light up when they see their great grandma and grandpa or hear Jonathan talking about the times we visited them and the things we did with them. I am so glad my kids will have all these memories with family.

Zachary warmed up to Jason's cousin Allison last year at his Aunt Nancy's funeral. I swear he remembered her because he spent a good hour "dancing" with her and playing with her last night. I wish I had taken pictures but I got caught up watching him dance and he danced until we left at 10:30! He was so tired but he was only happy if he was standing with someone on the dance floor and doing is head bopping, toe tapping dance. Our little rock star put on quite a show.

It's funny because I see so much of Jason in both the boys and in Zachary I see Jason's dad and his uncles yet I also see my dad and his brother in him. Maybe the Fosters and Keevens are related? ha ha ha!

Family is just the best, even when we don't tend to think they are, deep down they are what matters.

Now on to the less sappy stuff...Jonathan starts his new preschool/day care tomorrow. I am so nervous for him. Silly I know. Jason and I will take him and drop him off for his first day.

Zachary has PT this week and I'm eager to see if she thinks he has made any improvements and where we go from here. I also have on my To Do list to call the geneticist to find out if the insurance company approved testing for NS for Jason and I. I keep forgetting about that.

Anyway, I best go, Jonathan wants to bowl on the Wii before bed!

No comments: