Monday, July 20, 2009

The Sky is a Little Brighter

It's ironic that my last post was about the importance of family and that evening my Aunt passed away. My Aunt was a wonderful woman full of love, spunk and a laugh that would brighten anyone's day. She was kind and very loving. I could look at her and my uncle and see the love they shared and it trickled down to their children and grandchildren. They have a wonderful loving family and I hate that we only see each other once or twice a year. My one cousin pointed out that the last 3 times she saw me was at funerals. Sad but true. I know that Aunt Pat is up there with my mom and telling her all about how we all are doing and they are laughing and having a good time. You will be missed Aunt Pat!

On my dad's side of the family I am the youngest of 54 grandchildren. I am always amazed by the amount of 1st, 2nd and probably 3rd cousins I have and now understand why no one could remember "which one" I was when I was younger. I laugh now because I am usually called Sandy, Tammy, Debbie and then finally Jenny by nearly everyone of them! Dad always did it too so I've gotten use to it. They know I am one of Mel's kids and sadly I am now also known as the mother of the little one that was so sick. It's okay because it IS who I am and I am proud of who I am. It's become a game now when the family gets together...who is that? Which one are you? I think at the next family reunion we should wear name tags!

So tonight the sky is a little brighter as it has another star and another family is a little sadder. Kiss your loved ones and always say I love you.

No comments: