Tuesday, May 26, 2009

12 hours and counting

Tomorrow we are to arrive at the hospital at 7am. I believe Zachary's surgery is scheduled for 9am but who knows if it will be earlier or later. I am told the surgery can take up to 2 hours...that is what my paper says but I think that can change. If memory serves me correctly, in previous surgeries they let him wake up in the post-op room, let us come in and then when he is stable we move to a private recovery room. They said to plan on being there most of the day and he may stay the night due to his size.

Little Z is sleeping peacefully, unaware of what is about to happen tomorrow. Jonathan is off w/aunt Debbie and he gave his baby brother a kiss goodbye and told him to have fun.

Obviously I am worried b/c it is my tiny baby going under yet, once again and that always causes anyone a bit of anxiety. I know it is just tonsils, adenoids and tubes and I want to believe that it will be just that with Zachary. But of course his past medical woes come into play and freak me out. I can't shake it all. I vividly recall when he got his broviac line put in and I walked into the post-op room and saw my sweet baby red, red as could be and his heart rate was over 200 and his temp was over 104. The nurses kept asking if anyone was with me. No, I came alone. We had been down this road so many times and I felt I could do it alone. Man was I wrong! However, all surgeries after that were fine. He had no repeat of that...thank goodness.

Zachary is a very lucky little boy, he has his special guardian angel, Grandma K looking after him. I know Mom will protect him and keep him safe and everything will go just fine. She has done a pretty great job so far and I know it will continue.

Not sure if the hospital has Wifi or if I'll even bring my laptop so if you don't hear from me until tomorrow, don't be worried. I want to thank all of my wonderful friends and family for all the prayers coming our way. I know Z will be fine but I'll still worry!

3 comments:

1Supergirl said...

We are thinking of you and Z, and know all will go well.

TheSweetOne said...

Fingers crossed for everyone. We'll be thinking of you throughout the day. Z: Auntie Robyn will have to send you some old Bill Cosby records so you can hear all about tonsils. "Ice cream, we're gonna eat ice cream..."

hugs from us!

~robyn and lauren

Cheli said...

OK it's been like 4 days and still no update on little man. I hope everything went okay. He's in my thoughts!!!