Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday. I miss her terribly and wish she was here. I know she is pain free and watching all of us from above. Yet, it still hurts.

This morning the boys and I said (well Jonathan yelled) "Happy birthday Grandma!" and blew kisses up to heaven. We know she got them.

Then I took the boys to school, did some laundry and cleaning, registered Jonathan for kindergarten (gasp!), went to the grave site with my sisters and then had lunch at the Blue Owl. It was a beautiful warm sunny day and we ALL got along! It was perfect and I was sad for it to end. Mom would have enjoyed it.

The boys are doing well. Zachary goes to see the Pediatric behavioral development doctor on April 15th. She is going to discuss his sleep issues and possible order a sleep study for him. She is his geneticist so she will obviously know his history and have experience with Noonan Syndrome. I adore her and can't wait to see her and see what advice she has for us. Zachary is going through a "mean" stage...hitting, biting and such. Oh joy! He had his orthotics adjusted as he was getting a sore spot on his right foot. His speech is coming along and we are still working on the steps. That is going to be a long time before we get there!!! But he has come this far and overcome so many obstacles, I know he will catch up and do great.

St. John's Mercy Medical Center, where he had his surgeries for the broviac line and where he was for 2 weeks was asking for stories for their new Children's hospital's website. I submitted Z's and it is now on there site. Click here to read it. Although if you've read my blog, you already know his story. I got an email 2 days ago and they want me to come in and record an audio version of his story. I am more than happy to do it because I want the world to know how great of a hospital SJMMC is! I hope one day I can pay it forward and help the hospital out.

Well Mom, I hope you ate lots of cake! Love you always!

No comments: