Thursday, March 4, 2010

In like a Lion?

Well not sure if it is a lion but it has been a tough week and I just blame it on the old saying that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.

As a child I hated March! When my Mom told me that March came in like a lion, I hated March at that moment. Well, I really hated tornadoes and March is when we seemed to get them the most. I loved the Wizard of Oz and I think from that movie came my disgust/fear of tornadoes. I did not want to be swept away by a tornado. That was my biggest fear growing up. My sister (yes you Debbie) use to tease me because I cried almost every time the wind blew. I mean I really feared tornadoes.

Every time March came around, I counted down until the end of the month so I could embrace the lamb part of the month.

On Monday I learned that our family doctor just left the practice! My beloved Dr. Kate is gone and I felt like I was left hanging in the wind. Who was going to calm me down when I freaked out about all of Z's issues? So I decided to email his geneticist to find out of she could refer someone too me and to ask her questions about his sleep issues. I get an email back telling me she is no longer practicing genetics. OMG are you serious? We lost 2 doctors in 3 days??? Well the good news is that she still sees kids with genetic disorders and hinted that she would like to see Z so she could refer him for a sleep study. Okay that made me feel better!

I also discovered Dave Ramsey and am eager to start his total money makeover plan! Our first step is to create our emergency fund of $1000. Oh.Dear.God. I figure by 2012 we will be there...hoping that isn't true! I made a list of ALL our debts and included the medical as he suggested. It's a long list and that made me sad but I know what we are up against and we are going to knock it out one creditor at a time. I dream of the day that I have no debt and I can give to people and help others out. That is my goal!

Dave says...Debt is Dumb!

No comments: