Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring is coming!

Well at least I hope so. The kids really need time outside and I try to let them get out there in the evenings but I don't feel too bad if we don't make it out because I know they are outside at school. Thank goodness!

I have let them eat dinner outside a few times and they love it. Our backyard needs a huge spring cleaning so for now, we play in the front. They love bubbles, sidewalk chalk and popsicles. If life could stay that simple forever, what life we would have!

Jonathan starts T-ball on the 29th and I am so nervous. He is excited so I am trying to run with that. He is really just becoming such a big guy. He adores his brother, has good manners and can be so polite and can talk your ear off! Then if he gets tired, all of that goes out the window. He is now loving school and is doing so good. I see improvements in his writing and the things he is learning...wow! I can't believe my baby is getting so big.

Zachary is moving along. He's got this little budda belly so most of his shirts are starting to get too small but then his pants, are just so long on him and quite often Jonathan and I will sing, "Pants on the ground" to him. He is trying to learn his colors and go potty on the big potty. His speech has taken off. His motor skills are coming along too. We are working on jumping and he loves this. He will say, "hop" and take your hand and hop and both feet come off the ground! He still has not mastered the steps but is trying so hard. His little head is full of knots from his daily falls and his tantrums where he headbutts stuff...one day he'll learn that that hurts and he'll stop, right? He loves school too and he loves books. He will bring books to me and say, "read" and this is all new to me so I am loving it. In April we will meet with his First Steps team, a representative from the special school district and from our school district to determine how we will handle his needs when he turns 3. He will graduate from First Steps and the SSD will take on his needs, if he should need any therapies.

As for sleep, we have none. Jason and I figured out that he sleeps good the first 3 or 4 hours and then he is up every 1-2 hours crying, screaming and hitting. It is miserable and April 15th can not come soon enough. We see his geneticist who is now a behavioral development pediatrician and she is going to discuss a sleep study and all sorts of stuff. Everyone is puzzled as to why he does this when he is in bed with us! He searches for my face and cups my face or will ask for my hand and he is awake because he will talk to me. It is truly exhuasting and is taking it's toll on our family so it is time for us to get some help.

And here is a recent picture of the boys outside...


No comments: