Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleep Study

Well tonight we have Zachary's sleep study at St. John's. Z and I are to arrive at 7:30pm and it takes 30-45 minutes to hook him up and then lights and TV go off and we sleep. Funny isn't it? Sleep...he doesn't sleep good and this is going to be so very interesting. The paper said to limit my time in bed with him...ha ha ha! I mean seriously, the kid wakes up and screams, hits, kicks and they want me to not be in bed with him? I am dreading this. The person watching us is probably going to suggest I be admitted to the looney bin and you know what, I'm good with that! :-) The past few nights sleep has been worse than normal so I am anticipating no sleep tonight for me and I pray this test eliminates or pinpoints a problem. We just need to know where to go from here.

This week we have a Parents as Teachers appointment, speech therapy and a speech assessment at the developmental center. I have also requested an assessment with an occupational therapist. We started the paperwork to see if he will be eligible for therapy from the Special School District when he turns 3 and if he is, they will provide transportation to the early childhood center. As I stated before I am confused on what he needs so at this point I am relying the most on his developmental pediatrician to help me determine what he needs. They are increasing his speech to weekly and 2 weeks it will be done at preschool and 2 weeks at home.

Jonathan's first t-ball game is this Saturday and I am very excited for him. He is so very shy and I hope this will help him. And I can't wait to watch him and the other kids have fun.

We had a bad storm last night that sent the boys and myself to the basement for a while. It was crazy but luckily for us, no damage.

No comments: