Monday, April 26, 2010

We Survived

Last night was the sleep study for Zachary at St. John's. I went in expecting the worst. We brought his stuffed monkey, a veggie tales movie, a banana, a book and his Wow Wow Wubbzy blanket. We arrived at 730 pm and the technicians were wonderful. Our room had a hospital bed pushed up against a double bed, a desk and was decorated so cute. Z was a bit nervous and kept saying "Ow". But they gave us a bit of time to settle in and then he began hooking him up to the 10,000 wires. He did great! He whined a bit but once the tech showed him it was just stickers and asked him the color of the wires, he sat pretty still!

I was truly amazed at how smoothly it went! We settled in and began watching Veggie Tales. They came back in for the final "hook up" that involved a device under his nose and that was his least favorite. After we started the movie a second time he fell asleep pretty easily and so did I. He did wake up a few times and had pulled a few wires off so of course they had to come in to reconnect him. It was funny because I know one time when they came in I forgot where I was and I had a brief moment of panic, thinking we were in there for other reasons like him being sick! Luckily I snapped back to reality and convinced myself that my little guy was okay and all was well. I didn't get much sleep but it was worth it. I have to admit it was the first time in almost 2 and half years that I was glad that he didn't sleep all night. When he woke up screaming and kicking his legs, I was so glad that someone else was able to witness it. It can take 10 days for the results so now we just wait and be patient.

No comments: