Thursday, April 8, 2010

Smile! Your on Camera!

I mentioned a while back that I shared Z's story on St. John's Mercy Children's Hospitals website and then we did an audio recording of it and well now I did a TV appearance! I hate my picture taken and I hate seeing myself on video but I was so excited to do this and when I was told the interview would be done by one of my favorite tv anchor women, I could not refuse! Every morning I watch Fox 2 News in St. Louis and I laugh along with the news cast and I feel like I know them! You can imagine my excitement at the possibility of seeing these people live and not just on tv! I felt like a 10 year old girl going to a Jonas Brother's concert!!!

I arrived at 7:45 and met Bethany from St. John's and she was very nice. I finally had the courage to ask her if the show was going to be live. Her response of course was, "Yes!" and then I felt the sudden urge to puke! But it was so exciting!

When we met Margie (Did I mention I love her?), I was star struck! She was nice, beautiful and OMG so put together! I just simply prayed my breath didn't stink and I didn't have anything hanging out of nose or anything from the kids left on my shirt! We went back on the set and my head was spinning! I saw John, the back of Glenn's head, Randi and Monica! I wanted to scream and run and touch each one of them and I wanted to take pictures. Yes, I was beyond star struck! Don't worry, I don't have a record of stalking so everyone is safe!

They hooked me up to a mic and there were like 10 monitors and people talking and they all sounded so together and looked beautiful and perfect. Why was I here? Oh that's right, it wasn't about me it was about the kids and letting families in St. Louis know we have a hospital for our children and it is awesome! The same hospital that can give adults wonderful care, also has a new wing to take care of our children! Who cares if I look awful and hate looking at myself in this video...it's for a good cause!

So here it is ladies and gentlemen, my TV debut!

STLMoms: St. Johns Mercy Children's Hospital Is Calling All Moms

Luckily I set the DVR, just in case it was live. When I got home tonight I showed the boys. Jonathan just giggled and giggled and said, "Mom that's you on TV!". Z finally saw it and said, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." and kept pointing to the tv and smiling. That said it all. Who cares what I look like...my little boy is alive and well! He is the classic 2 year old...terrible. LOL He is full of life, eager to learn and absolutely amazing! He has overcome so much and I don't think his struggles are over yet, but I know the worst is behind us and it is because of the doctors and nurses that cared for him and knew how to help him. I will always be forever grateful to all of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT job! You look great! I love the matching red tops. Did you plan it that way?

Dave said...

Wow. You did really well! You seemed really poised and relaxed. I would've been a nervous wreck.