Friday, April 4, 2008

4 Month Check Up

Today Zachary had his 4 month well baby check up. He was quite a charmer and had all the ladies at the office oooing and ahing over him. Little stinker. He is at a strong 12 lbs and 4 oz and 24" long. He is still not getting his shots at this time but as the doctor said, we can catch up on those later.

He will go on Thursday for an echocardiogram as a follow up to his heart murmur. They couldn't hear it today but he was talking too much and wouldn't quiet down long enough for them to be able to hear it!

No word on the bloodwork done yesterday but I'll take that as a good sign. I was instructed by the pediatrician to avoid the internet as well. However, I still plan on asking Dr. Rob about how Epstein Barr Virus (Mono) can mimick JMML and want to see if he was tested for that. Dr. Kate (the pediatrician) agreed with Dr. Rob that Noonans Syndrome could probably be ruled out at this point. Both agreed he did not have the facial features and if he had a more severe heart problem, it would have been discovered when he was in the hospital.

His reflux seems to be under control. I think he is battling a cold or possibly teething. Other than that he is just a charmer. We will need to continue working on his head strength but Dr. Kate said we should expect some delays b/c of the problems he had early.

As for Jonathan - no one warned me that the threatening threes were worse than the terrible two's! Geez the boy is exhausting! Dr. Kate told me he is a normal 3 year old and we are not even think about him being ADHD until after 5. I asked her if she could then give me drugs to numb the pain...she told me no. Fine, I guess it's time to call Nanny 911!!!

1 comment:

1Supergirl said...

He's getting so big!!!! Pretty soon he'll be giving Jonathon some competition!