Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back on Track

Last Saturday morning after our week of sickness, I went to change Z's diaper and I noticed the tape/dressing was off of his broviac line...where it enters the skin. I freaked thinking he pulled it out. Mind you the nurse told me that it is not horrible if he pulls it out just not ideal. Ok so he won't bleed to death...that was my fear. I calmed myself, grabbed some medical tape and taped that baby up. I then called the oncologist and they gladly allowed me to bring hm in.

We changed his dressing and did a blood draw. They also weighed him. He had only gained 1 oz since Wednesday.

I had to send his echo results from Dec. to his pediatrician so they can compare them to his recent ones. He did a great job at the echo. My friend Jill told me to feed him so he happily ate while the tech poked around on him. It was so nice that he was so mellow.

Dr. Kate has the results but was suppose to call me today...no call. GGGGGRRRR! I like her so I'm patient. (ha ha ha)

We met w/the nurse today and Z is up to 12lbs and 9oz. He gained 4 oz from Saturday so we are back on track! The nurse called to get the blood work results and they told her they were all VERY HAPPY with Zachary's results and progress! YIPPEE!!! 3 super great tests in a row! The nurse encouraged me to call Dr. Rob and see what the long term plans are. I will. One day soon. I promise.

I had a dream Sunday night about my Mom and Buster (they both passed away last year) and in my dream they were together. Mom didn't like dogs but her and Buster were together and getting along fine. I tell JD they are playing baseball together in heaven. Poor kid, lost his grandma and dog within 2 months of each other. He's been through a LOT. So anyway I wake up missing them both terribly. Then Jason tells me to be careful there is a stray dog out front. This dog, part pit bull, was so sweet, mellow and well behaved that it freaked me out. She lived on our front porch for 2 days. I mean as I left work she sat on the porch watching the house. No worries she is w/a Pit Bull Rescue lady now. But I kept thinking of this sweet dog and wondering what she meant or represented. Call me crazy but if you saw the way she looked at me in the eyes and then sat on our porch "guarding" our house, you would think something too. Maybe just maybe, this dog was sent to me for a reason, she had a message. Could it be Mom telling me that Z was gonna be alright? I want to believe that I really do.

No comments: