Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Removal is scheduled...

Dr. Rob's office called today and said that Z is scheduled to have his line removed on Tuesday, May 6th at 7:30 am. I have to be there at 6am and no food after midnight. Gee this will be SO much fun!!! Luckily when he has had to go w/o food he's been a dream so let's hope it continues!!! Poor guy.

He is doing really well. My friend sent us her daughters bumbo seat and he really likes it. Yes it is pink but oh well. This was the look on his face when Jonathan woke up and walked into the room. He adores his big brother so much! We went to the local farmers market Saturday morning, Z and I, with my sister and niece. I put Z in the carrier and he was a hit. He had so much fun and all the women, of all ages, were flirting w/him and he hammed it up. It was great fun for him. He is such a good boy. We bought the boys bunk beds, courtesy of Uncle Sam, and Jonathan loves them. He has eaten dinner up there a few times. Problem is, we have no room for the crib. Now that is a serious problem. But we will fix it.

Jonathan has gotten into his finger paints and loves to paint like the whiney tv character Caillou! I really can't stand Caillou but since Jonathan loves him so, I tolerate him. He likes to paint like Caillou does and I love watching him paint.

We have a big week coming up! My dad comes home this week and I can not wait to see him. God I have missed him so much. My nephew Jim and his wife April come home this weekend. They have been stationed in Minot, ND with the Air Force for 3.5 years? Gosh it's been so long I can't even remember! They have seen Z once via web cam. They are moving back here and I can't wait. Then Jason's folks are coming to visit this weekend. Jonathan is excited to see both Grandpa's and his Grandma all in one week! I am secretly hoping to hit the farmers market again. Not sure if everyone will be up for it but we'll see.

Monday when I put Jonathan in the car he asked me where Buster was. Buster was our Sharpei that had to be put down in November, one week before Zachary arrived. He was a great dog and we loved him so much. He was going blind, deaf and then his hip went out. Jonathan will ask about him a lot and we tell him he is in heaven w/Grandma. Well this time when I told him he was in heaven, he said, "Mommy i don't want him to be in heaven. I want him here.". How do you answer that? I just told him that he was with Grandma and she was taking very good care of him. That did the trick...for now.

Anyway, here are a few pictures that I will close with.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! You can sure tell they are brothers in those pictures. Adorable!

Margaret said...

Looks like JD loves that bunk bed!:-) I love to see pics of your boys together. It gives me hope.

Sorry about the tough Buster conversation. Hopefully he'll be satisfied with that answer for a while.

1Supergirl said...

real men sit in pink bumbo seats!
Love,
Judith