Friday, April 25, 2008

Fantastic News!

Yesterday the nurse came and Zachary weighed in at...

13 lbs and 6 oz!!!!

Can you believe that? He gained 13 oz in one week!!! Way to grow little man!!!

That afternoon I called the oncologist to get his blood results. I asked the nurse to have him call me back to discuss long term plans. Well I of course missed his call but he left me the most wonderful message...

Jennifer Zachary's WBC was 14K and he has been very stable for a while now. All his other counts look great except his monocytes were a bit elevated at 22%. So I think we can now go to monthly counts and if we do monthly we can REMOVE HIS LINE. I am out of the office on Friday so give me a call Monday and we can set this up!

Yep that's right folks, the broviac line will soon be a thing of the past and let's just hope and pray we never have to see it again! Zachary will just get monthly blood counts done and it will be via a finger stick or heel prick. After all he has been through, this is nothing for him!

I feel like I'm in a dream and part of me is waiting for bad news to come back, but I can't do that and I won't do that. I will celebrate the good!!!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Whoo-hoo!!! I like hearing happy news!

Lynette said...

That's so awesome! I've been stalking your blog all week looking for an update on Z. I'm so glad he's doing well.

1Supergirl said...

Go Z Go!!!

Sandy said...

YEAH!!!! Awesome news!!

Kathy O. said...

Oh that is such great news. I've been following you blog since January & with all the progress he's making, I think all this will be behind you soon.