Friday, April 11, 2008

A week of sickness

Yes that is what our house has been. It has been a very tiring and stressful week.

Last Thursday night Z started having a runny nose and as time progressed he began running a fever. The fever got as high as 102 but tylenol knocked it down and it stayed down. Sat. and Sun. JD and I started coming down with it and on Monday I was exhausted. It lingered a bit after that. Wed. the nurse came and Z hadn't gained any weight. I'm sure it was this "bug". Come Wednesday, JD gets the fever that Z had and Wed. night it was like 101.6. Thursday night Z pukes everywhere right after JD bit his tongue and choked on his cheese. Yep, after I retrieved string cheese from his throat, I got puked on not once, but twice.

Then JD says how his ear hurts and he needs to go see Dr. Kate. GREAT more time off work. So I stayed home today only to discover that I am coming down w/a stomach bug, Z puked on me again and I have more laundry to do than I ever imagined and I can't get JD into see the doctor.

Let's hope this week of sickies is long gone and not to return for a very LONG time!

One funny thing that happened today...I decided to call the AT&T people b/c our Uverse box was making a humming noise. As I'm talking to the guy, JD is looking at the laptop next to me and says, "SHIT" real loud. Crap! The guy started laughing and I remained silent. I was afraid if I said more he would say more!!!
Anyway, we had a bit of fun last week with our webcam and here is a picture that I took:


2 comments:

msfitzita said...

Oh Jen, what an awful week!! I hope everyone is on the mend now - and I hope you don't get puked on at ALL this week, poor girl.

I LOVE the picture. Your boys are so adorable I can hardly stand it! :)

1Supergirl said...

OMG, I would be throwing up myself--all it takes for me is hearing the noise! I hope that everyone feels better now, and the photo is adorable!