Monday, June 2, 2008

UTI it is!

I mean seriously, can't this baby catch a freakin' break? Hello he is 6 months old and yes, I know other babies have been through so much more and that kills me but at the same time this is my baby and I am ready for some normalcy for him.

We had his 6 month well baby today. No shots until at least 1 year and as cold and flu season approaches, she will let me know what I can and can't do w/him to protect him. Bubby, as JD calls him, lost 3 oz but is around the 20th% for weight and is 26" long and that is 50th %. His head remains in the, I think she said 10%. So he is gaining and meeting milestones. No bumps so she doesn't feel he is teething but he sure likes to bite!!!

And yes, my Z man has a UTI. He hasn't had a fever since Thursday but he has been fussy. I convinced myself that it was teething/virus. Around 530 Dr. Kate called to tell me that she was very shocked to see the results. So we started some antibiotics tonight and tomorrow they will schedule some standard kidney testing to check for kidney reflux.

I begged Dr. Kate to sneak a peek at my ear as it has been hurting for a week but I ignored it b/c I had more important little ones to watch after. She said I do have some fluid behind it but it is not red. I got some numbing drops, sudafed and she said to try mucinex. Let me say this, if an ear infection is worse than this pain, all these little ones with EI's are my heros!

Z had his first camping trip on Memorial Day Weekend. He did great. We even had tornado warnings and I had to run and get hm from the pop up in the boring down cold rain! He was a trooper!

Jonathan had a blast as usual and discovered the joys of a slip n slide curteousy of his cousin Sarah. He had so much fun!

Here is Z in the hammock and Jonathan striking a pose...

And here is the slip n slide video...


2 comments:

Happy Housewife said...

Awww, I know it can be hard to keep having things happen and never getting a break. My second son seemed to live life like that for almost a year.
It does get better.
Your boys are really cute :)

1Supergirl said...

The boys just get cuter everyday! That photo in the hammock is precious!!!