Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tears from Heaven


Today my nephew Karl and his fiance Holly got married. It was a nice ceremony outside and the reception was at a wonderful park. We were running late, as usual, and it kept raining. Well the midwest here doesn't need any more rain and I kept thinking how the rain would ruin their day. No bride should have to deal with rain. It was a strange sporadic rain. It wasn't the big fat drops, it was tiny heavy sprinkles. I looked up to the sky and could see the sun, gray skies and darker gray skies. I kept thinking "What is going on!". Finally, I told Mom that this nonsense had to stop! Not only for Karl and Holly but for all the poor families that have lost their homes to the flooding. It isn't fair.

To the left is the happy couple. It was strange not to have Mom there. It was the first family wedding since she died and it was very strange. I thought of the song, "Tears from Heaven" and realized Mom was there. She managed to stop the rain so Holly could make it down the aisle without getting wet. I think she had to tease everyone a little bit and make us all nervous. Ha ha!

Of course on our way there we drove down a highway that at one point last week was closed due to flooding. It was raining and I look to my right and was like, "Crap is that water?!" (ok so I didn't say crap but I'm trying to keep it clean). The water was right there! I mean really, right there! I was freaking out b/c it was raining and I kept thinking, "Drive faster Jason!". I did manage to pull out my camera and take a few pics. In this first picture you can seehow close it is to the road and how high it is by the sign. If you look closely you cans see a roof top. Now I believe this is the concession stand from the soccer park that is, well underneath that water.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Wow its crazy to see the pictures of such devastation, Im glad your nephew and his now wife Holly had a good wedding despite the rain. Congrats to the new couple and I hope the rain stops for you guys!!!