Thursday, September 11, 2008

Surgery is done!

Well yesterday was a bit of a long day. We got him into surgery a bit after 1pm. There was some concern about his murmur so they were trying to reach his doctor. He got out a little after 5pm. He had a bit of congestion and was breathing hard when he wasn't sleeping and he wouldn't eat and the little he did he vomitted. We left around 630 and I got Z to eat 4 oz in the car. He crashed when we got home but woke up twice to eat.

Today he was happy, cranky, happy, cranky...LOL. He would laugh and play a bit and then would get clingy and tired. I don't think he knows if he is in pain or not b/c he took off his diaper when I wasn't looking and has been doing his army crawl and pulling at his diaper! He looks very bruised and man it looks uncomfy! But he is my little trooper and is going strong.

I called the Genetics Division at Cardinal Glennon and apparently the doctor that Dr. Rob referred us to has left. But anyway we are to fill out some paperwork, have Dr. Rob/Dr. Kate fax over his medical files and then they will call us and we can hopefully get in in November/December. I have the appt scheduled at Children's in Feb so if we can get in before then then I will just cancel that one.

So one more hurdle has been over come and now we move forward.

No comments: