Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little Hero!

It's 7:31 pm and this time last year I was finally asking for my epidural and was about 5 cm dialated. I think my epidural was in by 7:45 and by 845 I called the nurse ready to push. It happened so very fast. She told me to wait for Dr. B, he wanted to be there. So I waited and at 10:06pm, my beautiful precious baby boy Zachary James arrived. He had a few minor problems at the time but was gorgeous and so perfect. I remember thinking "I have to call Mom" and then realizing she wasn't with us. However, I knew she was there and she was guarding my little boy as he needed some oxygen to get things going. I remember calling my dady at about 10:30 that night. It felt good calling him, reaching out to him and sharing my joy.

My perfect second son. My last baby.

I remember a few days before delivery I was freaking out because I could not imagine having enough love for 2 kids. Would I love #2 as much as #1? How is that possible? Someone told me that your heart grows and makes room for more love. That is true because I love both my boys more than life itself.

Unfortunately little Z hasn't had is birthday cake yet...he had his 1 year appt and got his first shots. yay! And has been asleep for nearly 3 hours. So we will celebrate tomorrow. My Zman is 18lbs and 3 oz and 29" long. Dr. Kate is very pleased with this. She has some concern for his soft spot so we go see a neurosurgeon on Dec. 9th. I know it can take 18 months for it to close up but what is the harm in going now, right?

Zachary you are my hero. You taught me so much. Thank you for never giving up and having the strength to go on. Thank you God for allowing him to go on. I love you little man.


1 comment:

Denise said...

What a year! Happy Birthday to your little guy.