Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Remembering a friend

A year ago today my online community lost a wonderful woman, friend, mother and wife. I remember reading about Christy's birth of her second child, Cavan and being so happy about the birth of my own son, and when I read the email that Christy had died I was in shock. I swore it was some cruel joke. How could a young wife and mother of 2 be gone? It wasn't possible. I knew what I was feeling was absolutely nothing compared to what her husband was going through. My heart broke into a million pieces for him and his children. I am sure his world as he had known it was over. Yet, he had to go on for his children and Christy would want him to.

Christy was a very kind woman and reached out to many. I do not ever recall her saying an unkind thing about anyone. I do remember that if you were having a hard day or going through something difficult, she reached out to you. She was that kind of person. I know that her big heart helped so many of my friends and her kindness was contagious.

Christy, you are missed by so many. Thank you for making the world a little kinder.

No comments: