Sunday, January 25, 2009

Call me Homer, Homer Simpson that is!

I never watch the Simpsons. But I turned the tv on channel 2 as I finished dinner dishes and cleaned up. I took the kids to their room to read them a bedtime story and when I came back into the living room around 7pm the Simpsons were on. I began picking up toys and I heard Marge yell at Bart and say, "why can't I have a son that behaves?". My ears perked up and I laughed. Then Bart and Lisa were fighting over Bart throwing boogers at her or something. They were in the car and Homer told him if he did it again he'd drive the car into a tree. So yes, Bart attempts to do it again until Marge intervenes. Wow, my son is Bart Simpson! And as much as I hate to admit it, I am Homer Simpson! I've never admitted to being the perfect mom but really, Homer Simpson? I have told Jonathan if he didn't stop screaming/yelling/throwing stuff or torturing Zachary in the car that I would drive us into a tree. Yes I am embarrassed but it got his attention. Mind you when he was about 3 months old he was screaming in the car and I ran our van into a poll at the drive thru at the pharmacy. Not intentional but still, I hit things when I get distracted. Do my threats work? OMG NO WAY!

Today the boys and I were playing on the floor in the mess of toys and Zachary had himself on his knees at the toy box. He has been doing that for a few days. Then in slow motion I watched my baby pull himself up to stand at the toy box! I screamed at Jonathan to look and we clapped and yelled! Z got over excited and fell on his bum! Then as I was getting ready to put them to bed he was saying mommy and daddy and I said, "Say Jonny" and he said "Nonny"! yay! What a great day! He is doing so well!

During the bedtime story, Zachary climbed off my lap, climbed to the TV (yes there is a tv in their room), pulled himself up and turned on the Wow Wow Wubbzy DVD. After we finished the story I put them both in bed and both boys are asleep right now in their room! For those who know our sleep issues this is HUGE and it is the third time in one week! Mind you Z still wakes up at 3am to eat something and JD wakes up at tells him to quit screaming like a baby.

Oh well, I must be doing something right b/c I think they love me.

I hear Hermie the Hermit Crab making a fuss so I need to go feed him!

No comments: