Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rearview Mirror

As I was driving into work today I had the radio off in order to help me concentrate on the icky roads. I heard the boys "talking" and I looked in my rearview mirror to watch them interact. Here is what I heard:

Jonathan: No buddy we don't want you to be born again at the hospital.

Zachary: blah blah yelp

Jonathan: That's right buddy you were really sick when you were at the sick hospital but you came home all better.

I then watched Jonathan reach over and touch Zachary and he squealed and they both smiled. Jonathan remembers a lot more than I give him credit for. He remembers the hospital Zachary was in and points it out from the highway as we drive by. He remembers visiting my Dad at the heart hospital there when he was sick and watching a movie with him. He remembers what toys he played with in the hospital when Zachary was sick. He remembers Buster and my Mom and tells me how they are in heaven with God and that God and Grandma are always in his heart. He remembers Jason's Grandparents in Iowa and the toys and the stairs at their house. He keeps asking me to go back and visit. He remembers that Grandma and Grandpa F are in AL and my Dad is in FL. He amazes me. He may drive me absolutely batty some days but when I look in the rearview mirror and see him being so kind to his brother (most days he is kind to him) then I know I must be doing something right. Right?

1 comment:

kylee_12 said...

Hi, Jennifer! I hadn't read your blog for awhile, and I wanted to see how everyone was doing, so I figured I'd get on here and find out! (This is Kylee Campbell-Rupe, by the way... Ben (Rupe)'s daughter. :)) I didn't know anything about the new diagnosis, and I don't know anything about whatever it is he has. What is it? And what does it cause? besides the low muscle tone? I know I didn't walk until I was almost 2, because of my spina bifida and being in casts and stuff, so if Z walks by the the time he's that age, we'll be on the same page :).

Hope to talk to you soon! If you want to send me an e'mail, my e'mail address is: jetsrock94@yahoo.com