Friday, March 13, 2009

Appointment 1 for March

Yesterday I took Zachary to the big hospital for an ultrasound of his sacral dimple. They were puzzled as to why he was coming back in at 15 months when they did 2 of these xrays when he was sick.

I explained to them that it felt as if his tail bone was pretty low and you could feel it when you wiped him and sometimes there was a spot that would bleed from like cracked skin. Dr. Kate wasn't overly concerned but felt it was worth checking out.

The tech called in the radiologist and they confirmed no cysts or anything and it seemed normal. His dimple has extra folds of skin but his sacrum (did you know that is what they call the end of your tail bone?) is a bit lower than most folks so it is a bit more noticeable. As for the sore spot, keep using desitin and neosporin and hopefully it will clear up. It doesn't seem to bother him so I guess that is good!

One good thing was when the radiologist walked in and I read his name tag I was thinking to myself, "OH you are the man we got countless bills from last year and I had never met you!". Nice to put a face with the man whose salary you are paying huh? LOL

Today we meet the opthamologist. Stay tuned for a very exciting update later this evening!

No comments: