Sunday, March 8, 2009

Random Act of Kindness

Tomorrow, March 9th, is a very special day. It is the birthday of my friends' dear son Thomas. Thomas would have been 4 years old. K and I met on a trying to conceive board about 5 years ago. We supported each other during the journey of trying to get pregnant, getting pregnant and counting down until our sons were born.

Sweet Thomas came in to the world on March 9, 2005 and touched more lives' than anyone could imagine. He grew his angel wings on March 11, 2005. His Mom is a wonderful person, friend, daughter, mom and wife. I adore her and appreciate that because of Thomas, I met this wonderful woman. I will never forget Thomas for touching my life and sharing his Mom with me.

K and her wonderful husband have asked those that want to honor Thomas to do so with any random act of kindness. It can be small or large but they just want to make the world a better place in memory of Thomas. I love this idea. For 3 years I have donated books to a children's book drive at my work. I let Jonathan pick them out and I write a message in them. He has learned that these books are "for Thomas". He knows that Thomas is in heaven with Grandma and Buster.

Thomas has made the world a better place and I encourage each of you to do some random act of kindess tomorrow. Life is short and so very precious and if we can each make one person smile, let them in line in front of us at the store, open a door for someone then maybe, just maybe, that person will pay it forward and your one kind gesture will be spread on to many others. Think about it.

1 comment:

Dahris said...

awww you made me cry! Something kind will happen by me for sure!