Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Returning to our chaotic life

We had a good time in FL. The boys did well on the flights and enjoyed the beach. Zachary ran a fever the entire time we were there and threw up his antibiotic once in a while. I can't wait to have his tubes in his ears. He needs some relief.

Dad and Jason caught some sharks (of some sort) and we ate them for dinner. Not too bad! It was strange not having mom there but 2 of my aunts came over to visit a bit and it was nice to have them there. The weather was gorgeous but the no-see-ums were awful! I always thought my mom made those things up but then I saw on one of the cartoons that JD watches that they DO exist! They are nasty little boogers that like to bite you! Next year, we bring bug spray!

I can't find my camera right now (GRRRR) and once I do I will post some pics.

Today is my last day of working at preschool...thank goodness! Then Wednesday we have the physical therapist from MO First Steps coming out to evaluate Zachary. Thursday we go check out a preschool that I want Jonathan to go to. He is very excited to see it. I hope it works out.

On May 11th we take Z to Cardinal Glennon for his second ENT appointment. I am hoping we can get some answers and quick relief for Z. He is tugging at his ears again and I'm not sure where to go from here. I hate keeping him on antibiotics but he may need them until they get tubes in his ears. I guess I'll have to call Dr. Kate if he runs a fever any more. Poor guy.

A little boy named Jack is having surgery today to have a feeding "button" put in his tummy. Please think of Jack and his family today and say some prayers that this will help Jack keep his food down and gain weight. Every time I see Jack's sweet face it reminds me of how tiny little Z was at that age. Jack I'm thinking of you and your family today! ((HUGS))

1 comment:

XtraXtra said...

I can comment again now that I have retrieved my password. You are such an inspiration. Life has been pretty rough on you for quite awhile now and it is amazing to see you handle it all with strength and grace and still end up sounding upbeat. Have you made a memorial to your mom on www.findagrave.com? If you have, please post a link so I can leave virtual flowers and a note. (This is Terri from work, not someone trying to sneak in an ad for a website.)