Thursday, April 2, 2009

All tests are normal!

The nurse from the geneticist office called me to report all of Z's tests were fine. However, we had to go see Dr. Kate on Tuesday for coughs and colds (still) and she said she can't do anything more for Z's fluid in his ears. So we see the ENT on the 14th. I am sure the diagnosis will be tubes since it is common for NS kids and Z has the low set ears. Poor kid. I know tubes are common but it still ticks me off that this kiddo can't catch a break! His cough is horrible and I hope we can go 2 weeks without another trip to Dr. Kate. I just get tired of going there every week and watching the bills come in. AND I just want Z to be healthy...and less cranky! Ha!

Anyway I explained to the nurse how MO First Steps (Early Intervention) denied Z any help and they did it via a phone interview. The nurse was a bit ticked. She said she will call them and get the long form and push for his acceptance. Bless that lovely woman! Not sure if it will work but my goodness I hope so. Z is 16 months and not walking and while I know this can be normal, nothing is ever normal for this kiddo. I want him in therapy b/c of his low muscle tone but I am burning the candle at both ends and would like a bit of help from the state...the therapists would come to our house!!!

Jonathan is thriving and doing good. He has a winter cough and is on some allergy meds to try and help it. He has about 7 weeks of preschool left. I am taking him and picking him up and you know you look rough when the teacher tells me I look exhausted! Ha, if she only knew! We are trying to find him a new full time preschool b/c this taking him and picking him up is very exhausting. Luckily my work is very understanding and are doing all they can to help me out. Now if they allowed nap time that would be even better!!!

We leave for FL on the 18th to visit my Dad and then he will fly home with us on the 24th. Its our first family vacation and as nervous as I am about flying, I am so excited. We all deserve this week at the beach and i can't wait to sit in the sand and watch my kids play and experience the ocean for the first time. I can't wait to see my dad and watch him and the boys play. 17 days and counting...

1 comment:

Doodle - said...

Praise God!!!!!

Give yourself a break on the vacation! Break all the parenting rules, and just have LOADS of fun!