Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I'm not your baby anymore Mom"

Yes those were the words that my sweet (sometimes) Jonathan said to me. My heart broke. Ok not really but what is he ready to pack his bags and flee from this life of insanity? Not so quick, I get to go first!

Jonathan IS a big boy and he is so brave. He has lost his 2 teeth and the 2 permanent ones are coming in. He did great at the dentist. I wasn't crazy about her but thank goodness her assistant was wonderful! And besides, I have not had a dentist clean my teeth in years! Wait, let me explain that, it is usually the hygenist that does it but this time it was the dentist. She'll do for now. My sweet boy sat very still and let them do their job. I was so proud of him. On our way home he pretty much cried b/c he said he was so tired and just wanted to sleep. What?! He then told me he had a sore throat and yes a fever. Strep. He never gets sick so when he woke up at 3am and said, "Mommy call Dr. Kate!" I knew he was sick. He doesn't mess around! Dr. Kate confirmed that today. She said his throat was way nasty and if it isn't gone in 7 days to call her back. He was a very good boy there too. He was very glad that it was Z getting the shots and not him. Ha!

So today he missed his first day at his new preschool. He kept asking me what the teachers/kids were doing and if they missed him. He is still adjusting to being there all day long but he is getting better. He likes it and talks about it all the time but complains he is there too long. :-) Poor kid is in for a shock when he realizes this is his life for the next 14 years...school! Then it is a job. Ha!

Zachary had to go in for his 21 month check up and for 4 more shots. Will he ever be caught up? He was cranky and not afraid to show it. It all started with the scale. Seriously, you only weigh 23lbs there is NOTHING to cry about! I cry when I step on the scale but you shouldn't! His spleen and liver were normal, tubes were good and all seems well. I asked about the PT being concerned about his high pain tolerance and she said she thinks it is just him. As she reminded me when he was born he broke his collar bone but it was undetected until 5 wks old...after it healed. So it may just be him. She said she hopes she doesn't see us until Sept/Oct for flu shots. *fingers crossed* He made sure he said thank you to everyone he saw and tried to grab 3 suckers on the way out.

I'm hoping that Z and I are spared of strep because the 3 of us shared a drink on the way to the doctor. DUH! He has the 2nd eye tooth on the bottom coming in and is a bit of a fuss...ok a BIG bit of a fuss. When you got one crying his throat hurts and the other just crying, it gets a bit stressful. And to all my friends on FaceBook, I really don't drink as much as it sounds like I do. I promise!

Z continues to take a few steps alone. If you ignore him he will walk from the table to the couch several times. He'll get there in his own time. I think my quiet time is over as Monster #2 is calling me. Good night!

No comments: