Tuesday, May 6, 2008

And we're home

Today's surgery was a HUGE success! My little guy was a charmer and stole the show and was once again a star patient! He truly is a hero!

His last feeding was at 1130pm last night and I had to wake him up at 5am to leave. He was all smiles. We picked up my niece Stephanie and headed to the hospital. He slept again and as they called his name he woke up and smiled. We kept telling him it was a big day! Jonathan couldn't wait for Z to get home. He knew he was getting his boo boo out and could soon take a bath with him.

We met all the nurses and anesethia team and Z charmed them all and then slept in my arms. He had to flirt with everyone there and kept smiling at them all and Stephanie. He was so good! I told the anesthesiologist (sp?) about how last time he got real hot in the recovery room so they kept him off the heating pad this time. They took him back at 715 and we were called back at 800. Once again he was the only baby and they all wanted to cuddle him. He was crying but did great. Once we got him in the room he started charming us again. It was funny b/c I told Steph that he looked like he gained 5 pounds in there. She agreed. Not sure what it was but he looked so big! He was very happy. He ate, slept and tried to chew on his IV! LOL

He got 2 disolvable stitches and they are covered w/medical tape. He had a local there and then has had some tylenol. After 24 hrs he will get a bath! I can't believe it! We then leave the tape on for 2 weeks but if it falls off sooner, no problem.

JD was at the park w/Daddy when we got home and when they returned he said, "Let me see his tummy." and he promptly said, "Oh you can take a bath with me now". And as usual, Zachary laughed. He loves his big brother!

Today was a big day for us. We may not be out of the woods but we are going to celebrate each day. Someone told one of my sisters that this baby was here for a reason and I fully believe that. I know every child is here for a reason but Zachary is going to do something.

As for Jonathan, he is currently obsessed with peeing in his play house outside and running inside naked. Did it twice tonight and was promptly sent to bed. I think his purpose is to make me laugh. I couldn't punish him b/c he was so proud and I thought it was funny. Daddy didn't think so. Oh well, someone has to be the adult here!!

2 comments:

1Supergirl said...

I am so happy for you guys and Z. I think his purpose here is to remind us that miracles CAN happen, and do, when you least expect them. He is so amazing and definitely a Miracle Child.
Love,
Judith and Darin
PS: we are really looking forward to all the things Jonathan will teach him once Z gets old enough to copy him. ;-D

Denise said...

Great news! I hope you have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow and are able to do something fun with your two handsome little guys.