Saturday, December 20, 2008

He's Four!

I am a few days late but I am still in shock that my baby is 4 years old. Four. He is no longer a toddler, he is a preschooler. In all honesty, he is 4 going on 20. He can be such a sweet little caring boy and then he can be, well a 4 year old. I love that kid and every year on his birthday I will sit back and reflect the details of his birth. Such an amazing day and so much fun.

I remember on Thursday, Dec. 16th I had an 8am appointment for an NST and fluid check. My fluid had been low. I was 39wks. I had already had one week off work and was ready to finish this appointment and head to the mall to do some walking and try and get the baby to want to come out. My induction was scheduled for Christmas Eve. I had one week to get this baby out. All the nurses at my hospital were on strike. So many people encouraged me to go to another hospital, but I refused. I remember that JD did so well during the NST and the nurses and I chatted about the holidays. I was sent off for the ultra sound to check the fluid. The technician told me to stay put and that she was going to get the doctor because she felt I may need to be induced. What?! Doctor agreed and I was told to call my husband. I called Jason and I remember asking him, while on the verge of tears, if he was ready to be a Daddy. His response was, "well I guess so!". I was whisked off to the hospital and while in the wheel chair I was asking the nurse, please let me go home and get my bag and shave my legs! I live 10 miles away! Please!". She laughed and told me nope and that no one was concerned about my hairy legs. No one but me!!!

By 10 am Jason was there and I was hooked up (after 3 or 4 attempts) to an IV of pitocin and we were ready to get this show on the road! Of course little Jonathan wasn't ready to come out until 10 am the next day. Should have known he'd be a stubborn one! I remember my sister Debbie was there all night with me. So many friends came to see me. It was wonderful. I also remember that Mom, Dad and Linda were the first ones to come up after he was born. They got to watch him get a bath.

Happy Birthday sweet boy! I love you and I am so very proud of you!

No comments: