Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I just finished placing all the presents under the tree and realized I left my camera at my sister in laws. Bummer. But the kids (and Jason) are asleep and I'm watching the Young and the Restless. A woman on there is celebratilng her first Christmas since her Mother "died", you know she isn't really dead, but I feel that woman's pain. The pain is so fresh. Still. I thought once the firsts were over, it got easier?

Tuesday as Jonathan and I were on our way to daycare and an ambulance went flying past us and he asked me where they were going. I told him he was going to help someone who was hurt. I thought to myself, "If it isn't too late. Like it was for my mom. I hope it isn't too late for this person." That started me on missing my mom terribly, again.

Last year I obviously had my mind consumed with a new baby, a new sick baby. I remember how sick and sad little Z was. He barely ate and was so tiny and weak. I remember Christmas Day I called the pediatrician's exchange but was basically told just to wait until his appt. the next day to see what she thought. That is when our world turned upside down. I didn't have time to think about missing my mom or time to allow myself to grieve properly. I think that is why this year it finally hit me...no more Christmases with my Mom. It's like losing her all over again.

I pretty much lost it today and had my breakdown. Jonathan and Jason were very good to me. I realized what I have this year...a great husband, 2 healthy boys, a job, a house and a wonderful family and some pretty terrific friends. No I don't have my mom here but I know she is watching over me, protecting us.

Merry Christmas everyone. May your heart be light and may you find time to enjoy your holiday and forget all your cares.

1 comment:

msfitzita said...

Sending (((HUGS))) to you, my friend.