Monday, March 10, 2008

March 9th

March 9th is a day of many birthdays. My BIL John and my nephew Josh. (Happy Birthday!) It is also the birthday of a very speical boy, Thomas. He would have been 3 YO this year. Unfortunately, Thomas is not here to celebrate his brithday with his Mommy and Daddy.

Thomas taught me so much in his brief little life. His Mom and Dad are 2 very wonderful, funny, smart and caring people. I will be thinking of you all this week and Jonathan and I are sending prayers to Thomas.

In my mind, I picture Thomas and his little buddy Ryan digging into some birthday cake and playing with some balloons. I also imagine my Mom and my dog Buster stopping by to wish Thomas a happy birthday. Call me crazy, but I can see that very clearly in my mind.

My mom's birthday is on the 19th, the first one without her here. My SIL Kim suggested we start a tradition and bring food to a battered Women's and Children's shelter. I love this idea. She also suggested a cake and some crayons and stuff. The kids will love that. I decided that I will not only do this for my Mom but I will also do it in memory of sweet Thomas. I know his Mom would love that! And I love the idea of sharing this tradition for Mom with Thomas.

I think I will donate some books and/or diapers and formula for Thomas and then the other stuff for Mom. What a great way to honor those not with us and to help those less fortunate. I think Mom and Thomas would like that!

Kristin and Sandy...our thoughts and prayers are with you both (and Thomas) everyday, but especially this week. Many hugs to you both!

2 comments:

msfitzita said...

Oh Jen, thank you so, so much for thinking of my boy and for planning to make a donation in his name. I'm really touched by the idea of your Mom and Thomas sharing that honour and I love the idea of your Mom stopping by to give him a birthday cuddle. That gives me more comfort than you can imagine. Thank you so, so much. ((((HUGS))))

1Supergirl said...

What a great way to honor your Mom. She must be so proud of you! Coincidentally Mar 19 was also my Grandmother Susie's birthday. Grandma taught me so many things, especially to always follow my heart and to never be afraid to do the right thing. Her strength and her power are always with me, and I can still hear her voice in my heart. I know she would have gotten a big kick out of Frances. If they're hanging out up there I'm sure they're having a lot of laughs, and so is everyone else. Love, Judith and Darin