Monday, March 24, 2008

Now a rash

Of course when Dr. Rob said, "call us if he gets a rash", Zachary has to get a rash! I talked to 2 JMML moms and they explained the rash their boys had and the one Mom, to another Zachary, described his rash and it sounds a lot like Zachary's. Of course I know baby's get rashes but when it comes to my little man, I can't let anything just be normal, I have to obsess and freak out.


I called Dr. Rob and then sent the nurse out to do more bloodwork today. I called at 4pm to get the results and wouldn't you know, his vial of blood got lost. Just our luck! They have a tube shoot (like at a bank drive up) that you can send blood samples/whatever from one floor to the next and the manager of the lab believes it is caught in there. She was going to "clean the shoot" and we should have the results tomorrow.


Otherwise he is doing well. Very happy and just has the normal baby fussiness...wants to be held, has gas or is wet and then he laughs. He loves to be talked to. He is eating well and gaining so that is good.


The one mom I talked to at the JMML support group summed up all my feelings very well. I swear I could have written her email myself. I have to admit I get scared going to the support group site but I think that is normal. There are so many little miracles on there and so much knowledge. I get overwhelmed and then I let my mind wander. But they are all SO helpful there and I am glad I found them.


Uh oh, Z is hungry. Here is a new pic:


4 comments:

msfitzita said...

Oh my gosh, look how big he is!!! And, of course, gorgeous :)

I'm so sorry there are so many ups and downs and so many questions still unanswered.

I am still praying very hard.

(((((((HUGS))))))))

Lori said...

PT's for good results of Z's bloodwork!

Jonathan and Z are so handsome!

Denise said...

(((hugs))) - I hope the bloodwork gives you some answers.

1Supergirl said...

OMG, the boys are so cute! JD reminds me so much of his Grandpa!