Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I left him with a stranger

Ok well it wasn't really a stranger, it was his Awana teacher and my sister, brother in law and about 6 of my nieces and nephews were there but STILL I dropped him off and left! It was so hard.

Jonathan was so excited about AWANA but when he realized I wasn't staying, he grabbed my leg and clung to me. I remember doing that to my Mom. I never wanted her to leave my side. I promised him I'd be back. After about 10 minutes I was able to leave and as I looked back at him I saw him looking at me with those big brown eyes. I ran to the car where Jason and Zachary were waiting. We went to dinner and the entire time I kept thinking about the fact that I dropped my son off with someone he didn't know and how scared he must be. Mind you, Ms. Christa and Ms. Amy were very nice ladies but I hate seeing that boy sad.

As soon as the food was served I asked for the check. I inhaled my food and we practically ran from the restaurant...Jason's food left in a doggie bag with us. He ate too slow. I needed to be by my baby. I tried so hard to watch him from the window but couldn't see him. I saw my sister, a niece and a nephew walk by and figured if he wasn't attached to their leg, then he must have done ok.

He saw me and said, "Mommy I made a picture for you!" and smiled his gorgeous smile. Ms. Christa said he did just fine...no tears and it was good I didn't come back in like I had planned. He was ready to home (he had to go potty) and he told me how much fun he had and how Ms. Christa was so happy to see him! He wants to go back and said he knows Mommy can't stay but that Mommy will always be back to get him! One down, one to go.

Next week: Preschool! (Not sure if I can handle that one!)

As for little Z man well he had another Parents As Teacher meeting and she said she was so happy to see so much improvement with him and him trying to sit up. He can't quite do it yet but has made huge progress in one month. She gave us some exercises to do with him. However, he proudly showed off his ability to do "So Big!" for her. Here is a video (it took me a week to get it!) and please forgive my high pitched baby talk voice!


No comments: