Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Various Updates

Zachary was referred from one Urologist to another for his undescended testicles (I am sure when he is 9 years old he will kill me for sharing this info) due to the fact that they are still up in the abdominal area. We met with a very nice doctor who informed me that he would like to do the surgery shortly after his 1st birthday. They are going to schedule it and give me a call. Let's hope it is in 2008 so that it's FREE! I know that sounds petty but seriously, it would be less stress for us!!!

Anyway it will be done as outpatient and he will have 4 incisions...2 in the abdominal area and 2 in the scrotum area. I must admit, I am ready to get this over with.

As for developments, Z is trying super hard to sit up on his own and can manage it for a maybe a minute here and there. He now does "so big" but won't do it on command for the camera!!! He is starting seperation anxiety with me, Jason and Chelsea. And that is just so much fun...NOT! He is rolling and doing the army crawl a little bit. Overall, the little guy is doing wonderful.

My big little guy is gearing up to start preschool. I had the parent orientation and since it is a co-op program (at a nearby Lutheran Church) I have to volunteer to work the classroom and fundraisers 6-8 times a year. YIKES! I am stressing over that but from what I can tell the program is incredible. If Jonathan likes it, I will make it work. He will go Tues/Thurs from 9-12 and Chelsea has agreed to take him and pick him up. I am so grateful that her and Sally are able to work this out for us. I think it will be great for Jonathan. We have open house on 8/28 and then he starts on 9/2. I am really nervous and expect to shed a few tears.

We also signed him up for AWANA at my sister's church. He is really excited and told Grandma and Grandpa that he met his teacher Ms. Christa and that she was really nice. It is only one night a week so I think he will do okay there. He has lots of new and exciting things headed his way.

I just can't believe my babies are getting so big.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cole had to have the surgery to drop his "privates" as well. It was done the week before his first birthday. All went well and things are still good (if you know what I mean). Poor little guys, if they only know yes they would kill us.