Monday, February 11, 2008

Power of Prayer

Let me first share the important news and then I'll go into my normal babble...

Dr. S called me today to tell me that the prelimenary results of the bloodwork in CA came back normal! The cell culture also came back normal and they are waiting on 2 of the 5 genetic tests to come back. However, this is incredible news! Are we out of the woods? No not yet but it is a good day and as a good friend told me "go celebrate!".

We will now monitor Z's bloodwork via Dr. Rob once a week. If the numbers start to go bad, then we will repeat the cell culture. Dr. S said that Z could have had an acute illness that is cured or it could simply be that the chemo killed off the diseased cells and it will eventually come back.

My Dad told me last Wednesday that he believed Z was getting better on his own and would beat this thing. I am beginning to believe that this may be the case!

I have always believed in the power of prayer but the last few years have taught me that God doesn't answer the prayers the way we want him too. This was hard to accept. I mean why pray if you don't get the result you want? In the past 2-3 years I've learned to pray for strength, courage and peace. By doing this I feel I can conquer anything that comes my way. Granted, I may not like it and I may get pretty darn ticked at the big guy but if I didn't I wouldn't be human!

I am hoping that baby Z is my little miracle boy and that this is the beginning of good things to come. I just fear that while I am enjoying this good news, bad news is around the corner somewhere. Well, we can cross that bridge when we get to it!

I'd like to again thank everyone that has been so supportive and generous. My family truly appreciates you all and all you have done for us. I have some thank you's I still need to send out but I had to battle a stomach bug this past weekend and now I'm back to work so please give me time. Your kindness is appreciated and we love each of you for what you are doing for us!

Have a great evening and thank you for helping us!

10 comments:

1Supergirl said...

What AWESOME news! I have seen Z getting stronger each day and I agree with your Dad. You know that I tend to be more of the "dive off the bridge after I've blown it up behind me" school, but I really feel sure he is on the road to recovery. Mighty Z looks stronger and bigger in every picture, and I can't help believing that he is getting better every day. You and SuperBaby are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Judith and Darin

Denise said...

That is such wonderful news. I hope he continues to do well.

Lori said...

This is great news!!

JPAKAJR said...

What amazing news! I am so happy. Tears of joy for such wonderful news.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))

Scrappy_Lady said...

Jelly, that's SO AWESOME!!! Yay!! I'm so happy for you all. Of course we'll keep up the prayers until Z's deemed 100% happy and healthy.

Sandy said...

Yeah! What fantastic news! Z is a strong little baby and he gets that from you. Continued thoughts & prayers for all of you.

Sandy & Eddie

RollerCoaster said...

What AMAZING news! Nothing would have put a bigger smile on my face! JT, A, T, and I won't stop praying for all of you.

Margaret said...

I am soooooo glad to see this news! Give Z a big hug for us;-)

Unknown said...

Jen,

What wonderful news!! I hope Z continues to get better. Praying for all of you every day. ((hugs))

Gusgirl said...

I am so excited to read such wonderful news.

We will keep Z and your family in our prayers.