Friday, February 1, 2008

February 2008

This is what we woke up to...a nice snow day!

Zachary had some bloodwork done yesterday and a visit from the nurse. His weight is up to 9lbs 2 oz. We want him to gain 1/2 to 1 oz a day and he didn't quite make that. He was down an ounce on Monday so I was very happy to see a gain. He is eating more though so we'll take what we can get. He has lots of smiles to offer us and adores his big brother...ok well most of the time! Watch the video below:

As for his bloodwork, his WBC is up from 14.9 (last week) to 15.6. Darn it! His monocytes are down to 6 and are now in the normal range. These are the 2 numbers Dr. Rob is watching. We go see him on Tuesday and we will discuss if he needs chemo again. Hopefully we will have the blood test from CA by then. I put a call into my coordinator at Children's asking the doctor a few questions. I hope she gets back to me soon.

Anyway, that is all for our update today! I have to go put JD down for a nap so that when Jason gets home from the store (on a mission to find him some snow boots) we can play in the snow! Not sure I will last long but I can bribe JD with hot chocolate.

1 comment:

1Supergirl said...

OMG, Z is so cute, and he is getting so BIG!! If he wasn't so young I would think he's trying to talk already! Please give him a big hug and kiss from us and tell him we love him.
Love,
Judith and Darin