Wednesday, January 16, 2008

8 Weeks

Zachary is 8 weeks old today!

We had our appt yesterday at St. Louis Children's hospital. It was a bit overwhelming. Because his white blood count went down from 24k to 13k they want to do more testing/research on Z to confirm that it is still the JMML. I am still hoping for a miracle but at the same time remaining realistic.

They sent blood form Z, me and Jason off to a research lab at the University of CA in San Francisco. They do research on JMML. They are going to see how his cells grow, what chromosomal abnormalities he has and if Jason and I have any. This will take about 2 weeks. The results from this and depending on what his white blood counts do will determine what approach we take with this. So yes, more waiting!

He did have bloodwork done yesterday and it all came back great. White cells were down again to 12.6. Is this a miracle? I want to think so, so keep praying!

Z is not doing well eating at all and his cough is coming back. A friend told me to talk to the docs about his dose of pepcid. He has gained weight since he was on it so he may need a bigger dose. Or he could have the stomach bug that JD had. Who knows. It is all trial and error.

Here is a new video of Z:






My sister set up a local bone marrow drive on the 26th at her church. Like I said, we are one lucky family to have so much love and support.

Jonathan is doing well. He told me that the doctor was going to take the sick out of Zachary and make him all better. He wants Zachary to get big and strong so they can build puzzles together!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Jen ~ I love Z's video!! He's such a sweet little boy. That's great news on his WBC being down. I will keep praying for a miracle and I hope that these next two weeks just fly by while you are waiting for the results. Sending my love and prayers your way!

Sandy

msfitzita said...

It's so great that Zachary's WBC was down!! I too will keep praying for his miracle. ((((HUGS)))) and happy 8 week birthday Zachary! ox

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy Zachary's WBC is looking so good! So many hugs and prayers your way, Jen!
We are thinking of you and praying every day!
p.s. I loved seeing the video of Zachary! He is so precious! I see a lot of Jonathan in him! :)