Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday, January 4, 2008

Today was our LAST CHEMO SHOT!!!

We are still waiting on the blood test results...both is final bone marrow results and to see if any of us are matches. The wait is so stressful!

We are now only supplementing with the feeding tube. Our goal is 18 ounces a day, 3 oz every 3 hrs from 6am - 9pm and letting him eat what he wants at night. If he doesn't bottle feed 3 oz then the remainder goes in the feeding tube. He kept down his last 4 feedings so this is great and for each one he ate about 1.5 to 2 oz.

His weight today was 7 pounds and 14 ounces!!!! Everyone can see him fattening up!

I am returning to work on Friday, January 11th. This is incredibly hard and scary for me. I don't want to leave him and the more I think about it, the more it tears me up. Everything is so out of my control but when I sit and hold him and take care of him, the world feels right.

Jonathan is doing well. His bond with Daddy is growing stronger every day. He prays for Z to get better and can't wait to go to the "hopistal" to see him or rather terrorize him! He lasts a good 15 min and then he goes into crazy mode!

We are still praying this is all some fluke but are expecting the worst. I know you can never prepare for this but I'm trying.

Zachary is really doing great. He looks wonderful and is so much more active and trying to smile. I got some pictures of him and I will post them later today.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Jen,

What fabulous news about Z!! Uncle Eddie says keep it up and he'll have a little buddha belly too! LOL

Much love & hugs from both of us. We're here if you need anything.

Sandy & Eddie

Stephanie said...

Jen, I am so happy to read this update! So many hugs and prayers and positive thoughts!
I can't wait to see more pictures of little Zachary!
We're thinking of you...Love, Steph

shelly said...

Jenny,
I am glad he is doing better and I hope it continues to go that way. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family.

Love your cousin,
Shelly

Michelle H. said...

I am so glad to hear that Zachary is getting a little fatter, and that his WBC count is improving. My whole family is praying like a bunch of mad people, and this includes the crew in FL. If you guys need anything let me know. Hugs and kisses to you all, and a zerbert on Zachary's belly.

Margaret said...

I'm so glad that Z is doing so well! That's great weight gain and it sounds like he's really being a trooper.

I know going back to work is going to be hard. Hopefully it will be with the knowledge that Z is really doing well and you will be able to be a little more at ease.

Big hugs for you and the boys!

Unknown said...

Jen,

That's wonderful news! That is a fabulous weight gain!

I remember how hard it was to go back to work. Those first days were the hardest. I can't imagine how you must feel about Z. Many ((hugs)) coming your way.

Woman who knits said...

Thank you for the update!! Not an hour goes by where I don't think about you guys!! I'm so glad he's gaining weight!

Let us know when he gets home. I have a whole box of 0-3 and 3-6 mos for him. He's getting big fast so you'll want the 3-6s in no time!!

Love,
Cathy

nault's nook said...

Oh I am so glad he is doing better!!! What great weight gain :)
I will continue to pray for you all. ((HUGS)) and keep us updated!
Elle

RollerCoaster said...

I am so happy to hear Z is doing well with his feedings! We continue to pray for all of you and hope your transition back to work is as smooth as possible. I can't imagine you having to go back yet.

We will continue to think of you and your family and send P&PT your way!

Gusgirl said...

I am thrilled to hear about Z's weight gain and eating. That is really great news.

I hope the test results come back soon. I know the wait has to be nerve wracking.

We are continuning to pray for you.

May the Lord's peace be with you and your family.