Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 3rd

I am posting my updates from a few days ago since I haven't been home in a while.

We are still waiting for a final test from Z's bone marrow test. They call it a "fish" test but I know it is spelled differently. This will determine if he has the chromosome for JMML and then tell us how aggressive it is. Apparently I was confused, JMML IS cancer but not as aggressive as acute lukemia. So JMML is the smoke and acute lukemia is the fire. I also got some more information cleared up and just some facts:
  • Z will not be in the hospital the entire 100 days after the transplant and it should be done at Childrens here in St. louis.
  • The donor of the bone marrow will be under general anesthesia and it takes about an hour.
  • Z is at 7lbs and 13oz and the feeding tube is on continuous feed and cut down from 10cc's to 5cc's.
  • He must be hospitalized 24 hours after last chemo shot and the last shot is on Friday.
  • His white blood cell count is down from the 53k to 18k. This is great!
  • Our main goal is to make sure that Z is bottle feeding and thriving on that before we can take him home.

No comments: