Monday, January 14, 2008

Good news

Z had an appt w/the oncologist today. We got there and had to wait and Z at 3 ounces by bottle. The waiting room there is set up for folks to be there for several hours (for transfusions and such) and they have lots of stuff for kids and adults.

They changed the dressing on his line and were able to get blood from it! Because of that, we are looking at doing his new line on the 26th unless it clogs up then we will do it sooner. Z was in such a good mood, he smiled and cooed and won over a few more people. His red cell count was great and the white cell count went down! It was down from 24k to 13k! Dr. Rob said it may be still from his last chemo. I am trying not to get too excited and read too much into and just take it as a great sign that he doesn't get chemo today! The nurse will check his blood on Thurs or Friday and that will determine if we do chemo again and when.

Tomorrow we go down to Childrens and start the process for a match!

Anyway, today was a good day and we will take all of those we can!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, I'm so glad today was such a good day for you and Z! Sounds like he's being quite the little trooper.

I hope they find a donor quickly. We're still keeping you all in our PPT!

Huge hugs to you all!

Chrissy said...

Yay for a good day! I hope you being to see more and more of them.

Claire said...

You both deserved a good day and I am so glad you had one. I am still sending you both much love and all the P&PT I can your way.

Sherry said...

I'm glad Monday was a good day for all of you, and I hope you'll have many more of those ahead.

Best of luck today with finding a match. Fingers crossed - and anything else that I can cross.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled that you had a good day. It's such a good sign that he's beginning to eat well. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with finding a match, I pray it's soon.

aerialsmama said...

Jen-

I'm so glad little Z had a good appointment. I hope he has lots more good appointments to come!!! Glad he is eating well.
P& PT coming at you!

Sandy said...

Jen ~ That is great news!!! I'm so happy that you & Z had a good day. Good luck at Children's today. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for a match.

Sandy

msfitzita said...

YAY for a good day!! I'm so thankful for that, and I'm hoping for many more to come.

Tons of (((((HUGS)))))

1Supergirl said...

Way to go Z!!!

JPAKAJR said...

YAY for a such a good Monday. Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming out from my house.

Awwww I love the cooing.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Unknown said...

Hooray for a good day. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily. ~Kellie