Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 6 weeks!

I never imagined that on Z's 6 week birthday he'd be in the PICU. I guess no one ever imagines something like this happening to them or their child. It is so unfair that these poor kids have to endure this.

Z had a good night last night. He ate 2 ounces before bed and slept pretty darn good. I on the other hand did not but that's okay.

I saw the gastro doc b/f I left the hospital and she said he is tolerating his feeding tube well. He almost met his calorie intake yesterday and his weight is staying steady and slowly increasing.

We are waiting on the hematologist to give us the rest of the bone marrow test results on Z. I also asked him about my nephews cord blood that is banked and he said it is just a matter of a phone call to see if he is a match. How amazing would that be?

Z is very alert and active these days. I swear he stares at me for hours and when I nurse comes in he stares at her. He has quite a fan base up there. We have other nurses stopping in to see him and hold him. They don't even mind when he pees on them. They all LOVE him and are so incredible with him.

We did turn off the feeding tube this morning b/c since he is bottle feeding and it is increasing he had a really full tummy and was miserable so they had to drain some out. He was MUCH better after that.

Nothing really new to report. Thank you all again for the prayers and support!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Ever since Hannah was born of December 6 all my thoughts and prayers have been for her and her well being, until Zachary gets better those thoughts and prayers will also be for him, I am sure that Hannah will also be praying for him as well as our whole family


Ron W

Lori said...

I'm hoping for a match quickly! It would be awesome if your nephew's cord blood was a match.

(((hugs)))

Please know I'm thinking many positive thoughts for you and Z!

Sandy said...

Jen, many hugs & prayers for you, Z, Jason & JD. You all are constantly in my thoughts.

Does the hospital have something set up so others can be tested? Eddie & I will do everything we can to help all of you thru this.

s wrobleski said...

greg and i are praying for you and your family. we hope zachary contines to get stronger!

AbbyLaBrier said...

Thanks for setting up this blog. I constantly think about Zachary and wonder how he is doing. I hate to call and bother you or interupt something. I have been marathon praying for him and the rest of you. I have no idea what is like to be in your shoes, but can imagine how awful it is. I am glad to hear Zachary is eating more and the pneumonia is gone...certainly a step in the right direction. The prayers will continue. Call if you need to talk. I love you all.
Abby

Unknown said...

Jen,

I hope you get great news that you have a match today! I'm thinking of you guys constantly.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers from the Windy City :-)

1Supergirl said...

We are thinking of you and praying for you.
Love,
Judith and Darin

Margaret said...

I'm so glad to hear that Z had a good day!

I hope that you are able to find a match quickly.

We're still praying for you guys!

Kim Keeven said...

I called Viacord (the blood cord stem cells bank) and they said your doctor should order a HLA test to determine if there is a match. The HLA test is non-invasive and is done by a mouth swab on both Zach and Charlie. If there is a match, then your doctor calls Viacord at 1-866-835-0968 for further instructions. We hope this information is helpful and pray for Zachary everyday. We love Zachary and his entire family.

Aunt Linda said...

Zachary,
We know you can beat this, you are a fighter and you have G-ma, your Guardian Angel, showing you how to keep fighting! We Love you, get well soon! Jennifer & Jason I am here for whatever you need!
Love you guys and don't forget to take care of yourselves too!

msfitzita said...

I've been thinking about you all so much and praying too. I hope you'll all be home this weekend and I'm praying that your nephew is a match - that would be so wonderful!!

(((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

With everyone praying, I just know that little Zachary will get through all of this. He comes from a strong, loving, close family and that makes all the difference. His huge circle of family, friends, and even friends of friends are being heard by God. Take care of yourselves too. Aunt Linda will keep us updated and I'm sure that the next e-mail will be even better.

Scrappy_Lady said...

Many prayers coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Jenny I'm continuing to pray for you and little Zachary. I'm so relived to see that he's improving with every day. Keeping my fingers crossed. You know if there's anything you need, I'm just a shout away.

Anonymous said...

JEN! I'm so sorry I wrote Jenny above. I was thinking of Jenny delivering today and you're on my mind at the same time. The second I posted I went WHAAAT LOL. I was THINKING Jelly but wanted to write Jen and it came out Jenny. My bad! Update us when you can. Love Jules

reersol said...

Jen,
Michelle just told me about Zachary. I will be praying for you, Jason and Zachary. I can't even imagine. I pray that the peace and comfort of God would be with you. I pray that God gives the wisdom to the doctors. May the hand of God be on Zachary all the days of his life. May God breath the breathe of healing into his little body and may everyone know that he was touched and healed by the good Lord. Amen. Sorry for the book. However, if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. God's blessings!