Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Angels

They say angels come in all different forms and that you may come face to face with them here on Earth and not realize it. They also may be people you never met before. That is how it is in my case. Granted, I "know" my angels but I never met them. Let me explain...

About 5 years ago I some how stumbled across ivillage.com's trying to conceive message board. I signed up and soon had talked to many wonderful ladies all with the same goal...trying to get pregnant! We shared many tears and many laughs. We supported each other unconditionally. After 2 years and some fertility stuff I got pregnant. I moved on to the Pregnant board with many of my friends. Then I had Jonathan and again moved to a "grad" board. These ladies and I formed bonds and talked online, via email and some over the phone. We mailed each other cards and I met a few of them as well. They are incredible and when I told people about my "board friends" they would give me funny looks. No one understood our bond. They helped me so much this past year. They were there for me praying for Mom when she got sick, for Dad when he was hospitalized and for all of us when Mom passed away. Yes I have a ton of support from my friends and family but this was my extended set of friends and you can never have too much love and support.

When Z was in the PICU, one of the girls that is local came to see us with a care package from a few of the other girls. It was amazing, generous, unexpected and a great distraction. Thank you ladies!!!! And congrats to Jenny on the birth of Elizabeth Colleen!!!

Yesterday we had a confusing and exhausting day at Children's hospital. I came home to a wonderful surprise. More of the ladies set up a collection and sent us a very generous check and 2 beautiful cards! I was overwhelmed. I cried and just could not believe how blessed I was to have such incredible friends. I want you each to know that we are so grateful for your support, prayers and love. Thank you so very very much!

We may be in a tough spot right now, but there are so many people that are helping us in so many different ways. If you are reading this, please know that we appreciate you and thank you so very much. Without all of you, I don't know if I'd make it through this.

Thank you!

5 comments:

RollerCoaster said...

I am glad we were able to help out a little bit. We will continue to keep you, your family, and Z in our prayers.

nault's nook said...

Oh Jelly you are very very welcome. I am so glad we were able to help. ((hugs)) my friend.
Elle

msfitzita said...

I'm a huge believer in the "you reap what you sow" theory. The fact that so many people want to help you shows what a good, kind and loving person YOU are and have been to so many.

(((((HUGS))))))

Margaret said...

((((Jelly))))) You are very welcome. I just wish we could do more. Rest assured we'll be here for you and your family.

Huge hugs for you and the boys!

JPAKAJR said...

Jelly if we all lived closer you would have meals for months! You are a strong part of my internet family:-) We love you so much and it is the least we could do for you! You have been such a wonderful friend to so many of us. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

(((((((((HUGS))))))))