Monday, January 21, 2008

We're growing...

Zachary is now at 8lbs and 11oz! He gained 4 oz since Friday. I can not believe it! He has some feedings where he struggles but all in all, he is doing so good!

They said his red blood count looks good and todays white cell count was at 13.2. So, he is holding steady in the 13K range. What does this mean? It means I am still optimistic about a miracle but very well aware that it may just be the chemo helping him keep it down. Who knows and only time will tell!

I finally checked in online to a JMML support group. I got 2 very nice messages and it sounds like Z's story is very similar to a few of the other kids. I am eager to join in with these folks but am just still so very overwhelmed.

Here is a picture for Grandpa Keeven. I hope you find a way to look at it online, but I will be
mailing you a copy very soon!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Z is so handsome! JD looks like the perfect older brother. A big woohoo on getting the feeding tube removed. I think about you often and want to send some ((hugs)) and prayers your way.

jennie said...

Hello,

My name is Jennie Jankowski and I got your blog information from the JMML group. I live in Fresno,CA and I have an 8 year old daughter name Kayli who is almost 6 years in remission from JMML. She goy diagnosed with JMML at 18 months.
She is definitley a miracle. I wanted you know know that our prayers are with you and your family. I know what your going through and it is all scary. It will be o.k. though. The lord will guide you through. If you ever would like to chat please shoot me over an email anytime. By the way you are in great hands with UCSF.
my email is jjankowski8@gmail.com.

Sandy said...

What fantastic news about the feeding tube & Z gaining weight. Love the pics of your beautiful boys. Continued prayers & support for all of you.

Sandy

msfitzita said...

Oh Jen, he looks so big and strong! And, of course, so adorable too. It's so sweet to see how much JD loves his little brother :)

I'm so glad he's doing well and holding his own.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for all of you.

1Supergirl said...

We are so excited about the good news! You and Z are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Judith and Darin
PS: pretty soon Z is going to have enough hair for a little mohawk!

Stephanie said...

Z is getting so big! I love how he and JD are looking into each others eyes! I'm so happy to hear how well he is doing. We are thinking of you and sending lots of love and prayers!

Margaret said...

What a sweet pic of Z and JD! I just love it!:-)

Hooray on the feeding tube being out!

Sherry said...

Awww ... your boys looks so darn cute together! I can see how much JD adores Z!

And, I'm so happy Z's gaining weight. Go go go!!!

(((HUGS)))